A big thank you to all the potter mothers out there. They are a rare breed and should be thanked profusely on Mothers day. These bud vase photos are the digital version of the flowers that I hope you get from your children today.
My mom has been my staunch supporter on this ceramic path. She has never told me not to be a potter. Her unwaivering support encouraged me to take the leap of faith that I was choosing the right profession. I want to specifically thank her for the following :
- Letting me build a studio in our basement.
- Washing the clay out of all the towels in our house.
- Rewiring the electricity for a kiln.
- Ignoring the clay footprints that I tracked on the carpets.
- Encouraging me when I got all those grad school rejection letters.
- Listening to me when I got accepted into my first big shows and got published for the first time.
- Hosting home sales and getting her friends to come buy pots.
- Looking excited when I told her I wanted to move across the country for my next residency.
- Continuing to look excited a few years later when I told her that I wanted to move across the world for my next ceramic adventure.
The list could go on and on. If your a potter call your mother and give her a big thank you for all the extra things she did to make your pottery life easier.
Happy Mothers Day!